Friday, November 8, 2013

Tea Light Gifty


Have you played with our new Washi tape?  I used the new Sparkle and Shine Washi Tape from the Close To My Heart, Holiday Gift Guide to cover the sides of these simple tea lights.  The sides measure 1/2" which is the size of 2 of the tapes, the Juniper is 1" so I just cut it in half.  I made the box bottom from a 4 1/2" square of White cardstock, and the top from a piece of Sparkle and Shine B&T paper. There is a piece of B&T on the bottom of the box too, see the Slate houndstooth print in there?  I cut out the center with my paper trimmer, leaving 3/4" on each side in the center section.  I then cut a 4" square of acetate for the center.  I made the bellyband from Ruby cardstock and finished it off with a White Snowflake border from our Artiste Cricut Cartridge that I pieced together on CCR. For the snowflake I used the new Artbooking Cartridge to make a triple snowflake, White, B&T patterned paper and topped it off with a Ruby snowflake.  In the center I stuck a beautiful Pearl, also CTMH but discontinued.  The tag was made with the Artiste Cartridge and stamped with Perfect Fit Holidays stamp set in Ruby and Slate inks. A little bit of Slate Bakers twine in a bow completes the box.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to use the washi on the tea lights! Great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete